Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
· Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
· Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
· Use the “toe” of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
· Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
· Reprinted in part from the American Dental Association “Caring For Your Teeth and Gums” guide.