Smile makeovers are very common practice in dental offices today. With a little money and a will to improve your smile you can visit your dentist and transform that unsatisfactory smile into the smile that you’ve always wanted. A total Smile makeover with porcelain veneers in Plano is a highly esthetic, conservative and cost effective cosmetic dentistry treatment.
Porcelain veneers are thin shell like pieces of porcelain that are placed over the front surface of teeth to hide imperfections.
Porcelain veneers can be used to:· Correct chipped teeth
· Close gaps in between front teeth
· Masking discolored teeth
· Minor straightening of crooked teeth
Porcelain veneers provide excellent results and are more natural looking than bonding, which can make the tooth look bulky. A smile makeover with porcelain veneers can greatly improve your self esteem and the way you smile, which can last for at least 10-15 years with proper care.
Steps to a smile makeover with porcelain veneers· The dentist will conduct a thorough dental examination and record a detailed dental and medical history.
· The dentist will discuss with you the treatment plan to determine the number of veneers needed for an optimal makeover.
· Any existing dental decay and gum disease will be corrected before treatment begins.
· The dentist will then proceed to remove a thin layer of enamel on the front surface of teeth.
· Dental impressions will be taken and models of your teeth will be prepared and sent to the lab.
· Temporaries will be placed until the next visit, which may take 5-7 days.
· Once the permanent veneers arrive, they will be placed and you can leave with a completely new smile.